Sunday 9 November 2008

James Bond Quantum of Solace video clip from Bregenz Festival Tosca


Daniel Craig on the Bregenz stage with the Tosca eye

A scene from the new James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace" was filmed at the Bregenz Festival during a performance of Tosca. The performance is Himmelmann´s 2007 staging, recently released on DVD, featuring an appropriate (with respect to Mr. Bond) giant eye - Nadja Michael is Tosca, Gidon Saks is Scarpia.

For what it is worth, this is actually the best scene in the entire movie. By the way, did I mention that Daniel Craig is absolutely smashing as James Bond, by a large margin the best I have seen?

The section heard is Scarpia´s "Va, Tosca" (Te Deum) from the end of Act 1. Tosca´s murder of Scarpia is also seen about 2 minutes later in the movie.

Posted on YouTube by frisco1968

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOOOOOL :) I think that Tosca was really interesting... not the best vocally but finally not a boring traditional Tosca... :)))

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the film yet but lots of people are is more Jason Bourne than James Bond

Anonymous said...

best scene in the film; the way this scene ends with just the threatening music and no sounds of the actual shooting is just brilliant ....

mostly opera... said...

I agree. Just saw it in the theatre.

Parsifal said...

It's not Nadja Michael with Saks ....it's Karine Babajanyan and Sebastien Soules who sing Tosca and Scarpia...

mostly opera... said...

Yes, I probably didn´t express myself clearly enough - I was referring to the casting of the Bregenz video..
Was wondering who the other singers were - thanks..

Parsifal said...

ps. I usually kinda like Nadja Michael but this Tosca was horrible...

mostly opera... said...

Well, I actually like everything about Nadja Michael, except her voice...

Antoine said...

I didn't see 007 until tonight. Thanks for the info.

and Yes. I enjoyed this opera scene better than the rest of the movie.

Dusty said...

Hi,
Since I saw this movie I kind of wanted to see the full version of this "Tosca" on DVD. Same decoration set, (same singers).
Could you tell me please if it's been released?
Do you know if it is available?
You mentioned before:
"A scene from the new James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace" was filmed at the Bregenz Festival during a performance of Tosca. The performance is Himmelmann´s 2007 staging, recently released on DVD, featuring an appropriate (with respect to Mr. Bond) giant eye - Nadja Michael is Tosca, Gidon Saks is Scarpia."
But the singers, as somebody stated before, are not the same.
Any clue?
Thank you very much,

mostly opera... said...

This Tosca production has been released on DVD and is available on amazon (search: Nadja Michael + Tosca + DVD). The day the James Bond was filmed the cast was another one than on the DVD.

Dusty said...

Mostly Opera,
Thank you very much for the info.
I really appreciate it.
Now I know that there is only one option and that's what I 'm going to get without concerns or fear to regret in the future for not buying the exact same thing I saw on the movie.
What's more important to my is the same (or almost) staging and theater.
Thanks again,

Luis - Diseño web said...

That´s the best scene in the film.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...