Sunday 14 February 2010

Greatest tenor on stage: Rolando Villazón

The readers have spoken:

With 37% of the votes, Rolando Villazón was elected as the best tenor of the moment. Closely follwed by Juan Diego Florez with 34% and with Jonas Kaufmann taking third position with 20% of the votes.

To be honest, I forgot to vote myself, but one vote more for Jonas Kaufmann would unfortunately not have made the difference. The readers have spoken, indeed...

Below, Rolando Villazon with "Una furtiva lagrima" in the new production from Barcelona to be released on DVD:


7 comments:

curzon said...

Hmm. The word travesty springs to mind...

Anonymous said...

Travesty indeed. There's no way Mr overacting clown is a better tenor than Juan Diego Florez or Jonas Kaufmann. Heck, he's probably not better than the Piotr Beczala who replaced him in the Lucia di Lammermoor DVD.

curzon said...

My point was that, as he is not active in opera, he should not have been in consideration still less have won!

mostly opera... said...

And now the real question remains: How soon will it be appropriate to make a new vote? - my guess would be a couple of months :)

Anonymous said...

WTF???

CloudinTrousers said...

Intermezzo, don't be too distressed about Kaufmann missing out - I agree if the poll was for the moment, then Bastille Werther and Die schöne Müllerin recording bag it for him - but you can always try again when you offer the 'Best Baritone'vote ;-)

KatieKaboom21 said...

I have many CDs of all three of these tenors. And, I suppose because I prefer the lyric style above all, I tend to scroll throught my iPod to Villazon most often. And, I do like his personality and his seamingly boundless energy!

That being said nobody today sings "Sehnsucht" like Kaufmann. And, I really enjoy him singing the heavier Italian and French roles. I mean in my opinion
Kaufmann is Cavaradossi, Cavaradossi is Kaufmann!

And last but not least who can resist the beautiful sunlit voice of Diego Florez.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...